I am a tad obsessive-compulsive about decorating our Christmas trees. As a kid I wasn't ever really allowed to participate in decorating our tree. My mom had a method for making it perfect, and that plan did *not* involve allowing any of her three kids to lay a finger to it! I suppose I over compensate as an adult, but it's cheaper than therapy so it's ok by Mr. Mel!
I like to change the colour scheme of our trees every few years. This year I chose to put a white tree on our main floor and go with copper, gold, brown, and white. My mom likes to say I have creative "vision", that is certainly true for my tree. I have a picture of the finished product in my head and simply work at it until it looks just how I imagined. I can be downright finicky about where each ornament is placed. It has to be *just right*.
I prefer my trees to be practically dripping with ornaments, more is better in my book. I clustered alot of the ornaments, as opposed to hanging each one separately. Instead of garland, I used gold tulle. I love the effect! My tree toppers usually lack flare. This year I put a hodge podge on top and I think it's awesome!
I pick up most of my ornaments at big box stores. I change them so often that it doesn't make alot of sense to invest in high end ornamnets. That's not to say that I don't occassionally splurge on a few special pieces. The key is to mix high and low end for a great finished product!
Grand total for this tree: 468 ornaments, 30 feet of tulle, and 25 feet of ribbon and 5 1/2 hours! Wowee wow!
I especially love that this tree is directly opposite the front entrance so it's the first thing that folks see when they come in the house!
Poor Mr. Mel. He really wanted to help decorate, so he grabbed an extra little tree from the basement and got to work! Here is his 2' tall masterpiece!
Thanks for visiting! We visit the upstairs tree next week!
1 comment:
I love the white tree! I used to re-decorate after the kids 'helped', but this year I let them go for it, and I love it! The more ornaments the better!
Post a Comment