As much as I loved doing my make-up each morning sitting on the floor in front of a small mirror propped up on a small stool (yeh, did my make-up the same way when was in the 6th grade), what I really wanted was an actual vanity, you know, wth a chair and all. Mr.Mel gets creeped out by buying "other people's old stuff", but even he was impressed with my Kijji score a few weeks ago. I picked up this wooden desk for $10...yes, ten Canadian dollars!
Granted, it wasn't much to look at, and those handles are just awful, but thought could make it pretty.
The desk is really solid, and was in pretty good shape. But there were some dings and cracks that I fixed with some wood filler before I got started. Once all was fixed, I gave it a light sanding, primer, two coats of Behr's Black Raspberry (leftovers from our bedroom wall colour), and two coats of Varathane. I painted the existing handles with Rustoleum ChromeMetallic.
I am going to keep my eyes open for a pretty wall decal for the side. Til then, this is it!
Now it's the perfect place to get ready for my day! All of the drawers are great for my makeup and brushes so no more
Caboodle! Ok, so I'll probably keep my Caboodle, who am I kidding?! Andplusalso I have a home for the lamp that I love and Mr. Mel
hates doesn't love.
Cost breakdown for this project:
$10 for the vanity
$0 for paint
$7 for spray paint
$0 Varathane
Total Cost = $17
1 comment:
Not only a bargain, but a really stylish shape and such a gorgeous colour too. Love it!
Post a Comment