Saturday, December 11, 2010

Black Christmas Tree

When it comes to Christmas, Mr. Mel is a traditionalist. So a few years ago, when I suggested that we have a black tree, he was less than enthousiastic. I went ahead anyway, I was convinced he'd like it. Along with the tree, I bought several lengths of pre-lit black garland. I loved it all! Mr. Mel? Well, he slowly came around.

This year our second tree is in the upstairs bonus room. We decided to use the black tree and garland and go with a fun white, black, silver and lime green colour scheme.

There are lots and lots of decorations on this tree, 250, in fact! It's a slim tree, so I decided to forgo garland and just filled every square inch with ornaments instead!

The cats are in love with that tree skirt. They are rolling and snuggling up to it every chance they get. I have to admit, if I could fit under the tree, I might be napping on it, too!


The ornaments on this tree came from several of my favourite haunts: HomeSense, Canadian Tire, Pier 1, Michaels, and Zellers. All super inexpensive so when the cats (inevitably) break a few, I haven't lost a fortune! Ha ha.

My nephew, Andrew, picked out this sparkly butterfly a couple of years ago. That kid is all about the bling. I love it!


Thanks for coming by to check out my tree! 

1 comment:

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for stopping by and becoming my new Friend! Im following you back! I LOVE YOUR TREE! So FUUUUUN! And im with you and your kittys...id be snuggled up under there if i could!
BEAUTIFUL!

xoxokara