In the spirit of embracing my new appreciation for turquoise, I have decided on a colour palette for my bonus room: Turqoise, Green and Brown.
This is a photo of our bonus room when we first moved in:
Let's just say that it serves it's purpose. We spend alot of time in here, watching t.v., on the computer, crafting. This room was not on our original floor plan for the house but, in an effort to avoid finishing our basement right away, we decided to have it added so we had a space to hang out. The room is 19' x 18' (minus a few feet where the laundry room wall juts in) which is a good sized space. It's bright and gets great light through a large south facing picture window and two east facing piano windows.
The room is painted BM's Brown Sugar and Palace White (Mr. Mel's choices) and I am *not* interested in re-painting so they are here to stay. We are using our old sofa and loveseat which are also here to stay, at least for the forseeable future. So, working with what I've got, this is what I am thinking:
I plan to re-use the lamps I currently have. I will probably paint them white, and dress up the shades with fabric.
I am not sure what to do about side tables...I am torn between wooden tables, getting creative with the metal and glass ones I aready have, or finding some to paint. I guess I will wait and see once to room starts to come tgether.
I'd like to toss in a few red or orange accessories to mix things up a bit. I already have a set of these from Bombay Company to get started:
The room lacks storage, big time. So on the back wall where our table currently sits I plan to install floor to ceiling cabinets to store CDs, DVDs, etc.
I am really motivated to get this room finished. We are hosting Christmas this year and I'd like to have most of it finished for that.
Let me know what you think!

1 comment:
I love those ideas! The colors will look beautiful! I am a little jealous...my husband won't let me touch the turquoise with a stick! I'll just enjoy it through your pictures :)
Post a Comment