Here it is before:
Even though this table was just dandy the way it was, the colour turned me off. Time for a change!
I used paint stripper to remove the varnish. And boy, was there alot of varnish! The product is really easy to use, just be sure to work in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves.
Once the stripper had worked it's magic, I whipped out the handy palm sander and gave it a once over. I gave the top two coats of Minwax Gel Stain in Walnut. Don't forget, go *with* the grain!
I primed the base and gave it a coat of Krylon Classic Grey. I decided to use spray paint on this piece because I figured that an oil based product will stand up better to the inevitable knicks and dings.
I gave the table top three coats of semi-glossVarathane. Shazam...I love it! I am determined to find a place for it in the house. For now, it's up in my bonus room amongst the cat toys.
Cost breakdown for this project:
$25 for the table
$7 for paint
$0 for stain
$0 Varathane
$14 for stripper
Total Cost = $46


3 comments:
It turned out gorgeous. I love it. I really like the stained top and the base is so pretty painted. Great job. Hugs, Marty
BEAUTY! Your finished product is so nice! I've found a kitchen table of a similar shape that I'm going to be refinishing in the next few weeks... I was just going to sand it.. but the stripper seems like it worked wonders!
I also have a thing for round, pedestal coffee tables!! I just posted the 2 I have done!!
good job! =)
Post a Comment