This week's feature is one that I liked as soon as I saw it the first time about 10 years ago. I really am not sure where I could use this application in my house, but I like it for so many reasons. I would like to find an excuse to give it a try...a bathroom maybe?
I'm talking about OSB flooring! OSB (Oriented Stand Board) is made of recyclable materials, which is something that is becoming more and more important to Mr. Mel and I when we select materials. The sheets are manufactured by mixing wafers of timber (strands up to 6” long) with resin and placing the mixture in presses. OSB is also an environmentally friendly alternative to other structural sheathing, and has no measureable off-gassing. It can be stained and varnished or epoxied to create a really durable flooring surface. Oh, and did I mention that it's *cheap*?!
Apartment Therapy
Marvin Rand
100K House Blog
And how fun is this?! It's now regularily being used to build cabinets, walls, and furniture.
Label Architecture
Thanks for stopping by!







1 comment:
Love it on the floor. Great idea. Hugs, Marty
Post a Comment