Mr. Mel often jokes that I am like a crow...always after anything shiny. Well, I've certainly been compared to worse! But, he does have a point. I am a sucker for shine and glitz and, much to my delight, I have discovered exactly what would add some sparkle to the outside of a home...COPPER! Not the olden timey days kind of copper, the stuff that turns green and rusty. Nope. I'm talking about the new generation of coated copper just perfect to withstand our crazy Canadian climate!
Behold...
Shingles...are you kidding me?! Love 'em!
Garage door, too! Oh, my my. I have actually seen a set of doors very similar to these installed in town. They are beeee-autiful!
This is sure to stay on the wish list. I cannot imagine Mr. Mel having a moment of weakness so profound that he actually agrees to this! ha ha.
Thanks for stopping by!







4 comments:
There is a cabin on Invermere Lake that has the copper roof, with the patina it is stunning!
I luuuurrrve copper! I especially love it when it's used as a sort of roof to windows... I don't know what it's actually called. But like this
http://www.accurate-heatingandcooling.com/PHOTO_GALLERY_-_2.html
Ooooh, I agree...love it over windows too!
Wow - copper would definitely make a statement that's for sure! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for visiting Billie Monster and following!
~ www.billiemonster.com
Post a Comment