Monday, April 26, 2010

Inspired...Backyard

I realized that I haven't really done any inspiration posts. I would hate to have you all under the false impression that I come up with all ideas and projects on my own.

Since my last post about my yuckity backyard, I have been hard at work sourcing ideas and inspiration for what I want our yard to be once it’s all done.

Mr. Mel and I love spending time outside. Our last home had great outdoor areas (courtyard, balcony, and private roof top deck) that we used all the time. We cooked, ate, entertained, and relaxed outdoors almost every day. I miss it.


Over the weekend, Mr. Mel and I sat down and made a wish list for our new outdoor space:
  • Concrete patio (room enough for a dining set and conversation area)
  • Shaded sitting area
  • Kids fun zone
  • Man shack (Mr. Mel refers to this is as the “clubhouse”)
  • Lush perimeter planning
  • Fire pit/outdoor fireplace
  • Hot tub
  • BBQ/food prep area
Some plans are already underway. We have a plan for a splash pad for the kidlets:


We will be using an application called hyrdoseeding for the sod, and have selected the vinyl fencing product we’ll be using. The rest is up in the air. Pop in tomorrow to see what I've got on my inspiration board!

No comments: