Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cutie Patootie Chair

I. Love. This. Chair. I want a whole bunch of 'em! Unfortunately, the seller only had one available. That's ok, I took it and ran...giggling all the way home.

Here's the charming 1950's chair when I brought it home...isn't it adorable?


My little Butter loves it too!


Here it is after a coat of primer and a coat of Rustoleum Winter Grey, some fabric, and about a kagillion staples (I lie, it was more like a zillion staples, but who's counting?) ::shudder:: The original seat and padding were on the chair when I bought it, talk about nasty. I wish I had taken photos...it was stuffed with straw!


Here is the cost breakdown for this project:
$40 for the chair
$6 for paint
$13 for foam padding
$7 for fabric and trim
Total cost = $66

This project was featured at:




3 comments:

Gilsner said...

Very nice! Love the shape of the chair! Is that what I missed on Friday?

The White City Project said...

Thanks! Nope, I've bee holding onto this guy for awhile now. Treasure hunting on Friday was a bust :(

Stephen and Larissa said...

so cute!! Great job!