My first foray into creating jewelry was when I saw this ring on Etsy. I loved that it was quirky and unique, but I wasn't about to pay $89.00 for it.
Unfortunately, THIS was the result of my attempted recreation. We didn't do an officially weigh in but the 'guesstimate' was 2 lbs. Yikes! Failure!
Kristel G
Even though my first go didn't work out as I'd hoped, when I saw this necklace from Grace Jewelry, I thought I had to try to redeem myself and avoid paying the $45 they were asking for it by making my own.
I found some beads and chain online at Artbeads.com and ordered what I'd need. I eagerly waited for the postman and, two weeks later, my package arrived. Right away, I knew I had made a massive miscalculation. The beads I ordered were only about half the size I thought they'd be, and one of the chains was also much more dainty than I figured it would be. Anyhowdydoody, I was determined to make it work!
Here's my version of the necklace...and it only cost me $23!
I like it. It's not as chunky as my inspiration, but that's okay. For half the price of the original, I can totally live with it!




4 comments:
wowzas! I am impressed! it's gorgeous!
It looks fantastic!!! You did a great job!
Um... why's my name under the photo of that ring? You don't still hold me responsible for that fiasco, do you?!? You must admit... we haven't laughed like that since. Perhaps it's time for another craft project?
Or perhaps another trip to the antique mall...
Thanks!
Oh Kristel, I gave you photo credit for the blurry photo! And also, yes, I felt that you *could* have stepped in to stop what you saw happening! lol
I love that you showed us your failure and your success. Send the ring to Beyonce, keep the necklace.
Post a Comment