Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stretchy Bracelets

Stretchy bracelets seem to be popping up everywhere these days. I find myself drawn to the ones that are all one type of bead, with one standout bead or clasp.

While perusing one of my favourite jewelry websites, Stella & Dot, recently, I found these adorable Mini Soiree stretchy bracelets ($12-$18 each). I wanted them, immediately. Problem? They are for kids, and are insanely a tad too small for my wrist. Seriously, can these get any cuter?


They have a grown up version, but they don't come in the fun colours that the kidlet ones do. Bummer. Major bummer. Not to mention that these will cost you $36 each!


I hit up a local craft shop and found some glass beads on clearance that I love the colour of. I couldn't find any crystal beads so I picked up some cute twisted wire beads instead...they were sparkly enough for me. After a trip to grab some stretchy string and crimp beads from the Dollarama (hello!) and I was set. After 20 minutes of work I ended up with three super cute bracelets for less than $18...TOTAL!


I am so excited to wear them, they are perfect for summer! C'mon summer!

And here is my little Butter, totally wiped after a long evening of catching up on her favourite blogs!



No comments: