Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bath and Laundry Floors

I am starting to think that this flooring saga will never be done. Ever. Ever. Good news, though, is that the laundry room and all the bathrooms now have shiny new DuraCeramic laid!

Gone is the pesky Artica that failed to live up to it's high price tag! I am really loving the change of flooring (I wasn't sure that I'd like it at all). It's a big change since, in the upstairs baths, it replaced WHITE flooring. And I have a major case of the saddies that my sparkly flooring is no more - it was so much fun to look at! I think it's a good choice for resale, though. Appealing to the masses, yeh, that's the stuff!

Due to the pesky liability rules of the flooring company, I was responsible for replacing the toilets. No biggie, it only takes a few minutes. Buuuuut, dude put the downstairs toilet (which *still* had water in it) in the garage while he worked. So, yeh, the water froze, the toilet cracked, and now I need to go shop for a replacement. Geez, duh! Who does something that dumb?! Man alive...

Here are some before and afters of the rooms:


Now that I have the opportunity to pick a new toilet, I am looking for suggestions. Right now we have the Gerber Viper (is that not a hilarious name for a toilet?!) in all of the bathrooms because the contractor gave me a great price on them, but we don't love them. Any suggestions for a must-have toilet? 

No comments: