Saturday, November 20, 2010

Slipcovers and Slip Ups - Part 2

Check out Part 1 of this project here.

Mission: Slipcovers Part Deux was underway. Pin-fitting these covers was so much easier than cutting pattern pieces. Pinning the piping in between the fabric was a bit tricky but it got easier once I worked with it for awhile. Check out this post at The Nesting Place on basic steps to pin-fitting slipcovers.

Once I had all of my pieces pinned together on the chair and basted, I took the entire piece to the machine. I would periodically refit the cover in the chair to make sure it fit properly. It's a bit tedious for sure, but it’s fun watching the piece come together! Jones, as usual, is all up in my bidniss, I have learned to just work around him.


After 9 hours, multiple mental breakdowns, achy and swollen fingers, and several hundred f-bombs, this is what I ended up with. Hmmm, I am not feeling it. I decided to stop here. This was not the look I was going for, so I started to debate my options. But what to do? Ah ha...reupholster! Yes, I would reupholster them!

Stay tuned for Part 3 of this marathon transformation…

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww, it looks like you have put so much work into it. I laughed when you wrote about your f bombs lol. I would be throwing them out too if I were working on that project lol.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks good so far! I'm impressed that you've decided to reupholster. I would like to slipcover (or reupholster) some chairs, but so far have not worked up the courage.

Have a great Thanksgiving!