Saturday, October 16, 2010

Let There Be...Shade?

I love the big windows in my bonus room. The abundance of light they let in is so, so delightfully *blinding*! Time to get some light control in this room! Before I show you the after, I am sharing with you my current redneck-esque window treatments. Ready? They are pretty sad:


Check out my designer hardware...3M hooks, baby!


Oh yes, and the best part...the swags held in place with dental floss! Just lovely!


I picked up some bamboo blinds for these windows, at a total steal ($180 for all 5 of them, even Mr. Mel was impressed), and brought them home giddy to put them up. Just to be safe, I decided to Google the best way to install blinds in vinyl windows...only to find out that it's actually something that is *not* recommended! Uh, oh. I emailed the manufacturer who told me that, if I drilled through the vinyl jamb, I would void my window warranty!

Hmmm, toughie. I called several blind companies, none of whom had a product that would use anything other than screws to install their products. So, I sucked it up and decided to just do it. My fingers are crossed that I never have an issue with my windows...but I think it was worth it.

 

Next up...curtains!



2 comments:

Gilsner said...

Looks good, I actually really like the bamboo with the wall colour. Nicely done!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

They look wonderful. Love the color. Your befores were clever. Hugs, Marty