Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good news, bad news

Isn't it just my luck that, as soon as I get excited about one thing, something else comes out of left field to slap me back to reality. I know many of you are aware of some of the issues we've been having with our contractor as of late. I won't get into the details here, but I will say that I took great pleasure in tossing their sign into the Loraas bin tonight on my visit to the house! There is another place I would rather have shoved it, but he wasn't around. :::insert evil laugh here:::

First, the good news. Our cabinets are installed! Love them, love them! They are *exactly* as I'd imagined. I am so glad that we had them fixed after the stain fiasco. We have what is most certainly the world's smallest kitchen island, but it's sole purpose is to house the microwave drawer so I could care less about it's size.

Kitchen: Powder Room:Main Bath:
Ensuite:
They are also busy getting ready to tile the ensuite shower (the tiles look a bit darker here than they are in person):
And the bad news. Looks like our contractor has - once again - failed to live up to his contractual obligations and we have been forced to push back our possession date. This time, it's July 4th. I will be celebrating along with millions of Americans if this actually happens! Cross your fingers people!

1 comment:

Gilsner said...

Wow, sucky. Yet not altogether unexpected. Thank goodness you don't have a July 1st posession date on your condo! See... things could always be worse (knock on wood)