Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Whoa!

Soooo this post is sure to be full of randomness. We just got back from the house and...

Whoa! We have what must be the coolest garage door openers for the front and rear doors of the 3rd garage bay. They are wall (not ceiling) mounted. Instead of pulling the door, they push a bar on the whatchamacallit and it lifts the whozywhatsit and voila - the door is open! Wicked:

Whoa! That's some crazy purple! Yikes! I made a serious error in judgement when I chose Benjamin Moore's 'Slip" to be on the walls of the ensuite, dressing room, and master bedroom. It was pretty shocking. I tried to get a photo of Dallas in his very girly purple closet but he was all sulky, "I don't wanna get my picture taken in my purple closet". A quick trip to the paint store and we have found a more suitable (and grown up) colour to replace it:

Our new colour Benjamin Moore Venetian Marble 2114-70:

Whoa! I have steps and columns on my rear deck. Yay! Can't wait for the handrails and glass inserts:

Whoa! They reversed my paint choices in the bonus room! Ha ha! So much for my handy dandy and, I thought, dummy-proof paint chart! Sorry fellas, the dark bown should be on the *other* walls...DO IT AGAIN!Whoa! Just when I thought all my contactor's taste was in his mouth, he picked these beautiful oak french doors for my dining room:

And....the best part about tonight was that we went out to the house at the request of our contractor cause he didn't think we'd like the way the main floor paint colour turned out! Ha! It was perfect:

1 comment:

Gilsner said...

It's really coming along! I love the brown paint, can't wait to see it on the correct wall! I liked the 'slip' swatch (say that 5 times fast!)... too bad it didn't work out in real life. Main floor colors look great... you must have Mr. Contractor trained (or fearful for his life) to actually take a premptive measure and request you come out. lol, nicely done!