Friday, May 1, 2009

Houston, we have a problem

I received a call this morning from our cabinet maker telling me that there was a problem with the finish on the cabinets, and that I should probably come and take a look. When I got there, he explained that there had been some sort of mix up (likely on the part of the stain manufacturer) and the cabinets came back from their finisher the wrong colour! To be honest, I surprised myself by not uttering a single word of profanity.

This is absolutely not the stain I chose:



Initially, I wasn't sure what to do. To re-order the cabinets means another 6 week wait...and we're already 3 weeks behind schedule. I can't change the colour of the floors or countertops because they've already been ordered and are waiting to be installed.

In the end, I elected to accept the cabinets and will request that they give me a discount because of the error (that can be a fight my contractor can have with them). So, NO MORE DELAYS!

No comments: