In the meantime, though, I have undertaken the overwhelming task of selecting finishes for the house.
All of our plumbing fixtures will be upgraded to oil rubbed bronze. It's not cheap, but it's definitely the look we were going for. Here's what we chose...
Kitchen:
Main floor 1/2 bath:
Second floor main bath:Main Floor (living room, dining room, front entrance):
Kitchen and Half Bath:
Main Bath and En Suite Bath:
Laundry Room (a girl's gotta have her bling). This photo doesn't do this flooring justice. It's *covered* with silver and metalic sparkles. I loved it because it reminded me of this fabulous shoe from Christian Louboutin:
After a very long wait, we finally have power and natural gas at the house! Next week the house is sure to be buzzing...the furnace is being installed, the siding is being completed, the drywall will arrive, the shingles are being applied, and I could very well have a (temporary) front step! And, as if all of the above wasn't exciting enough, we have an address! A for real street address...and it only took 10 months!
Unfortunatley for our pocketbook, all of this progress has come at a price and we are a whopping $$$ over budget. Not to fear, I have every confidence that I can pinch my pennies from this point on so that we end up as close as possible to our original budget!
No comments:
Post a Comment