Sunday, January 16, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

Hey all! I opened up my email this morning and was so pleased to see that Melissa from Veranda Interiors gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. Given that I think she has an amazing style, I got the warm fuzzies that she thought that I deserved this. And, let's face it, anyone who's nickname is 'Mel' is a-okay in my book! Thanks so much, Melissa, it made my day!


As a recipient, I have been asked to share 7 things about myself that you may not know...so, here it goes:

1. I danced jazz, tap, and ballet for 15 years

I simply love dancing and I will often scoop up a cat and start twirling them around. I still have a pair of tap  shoes that periodically get a workout.

2. I have five tattoos

I embrace all forms of art and I am simply in awe that I can carry someone's work with me 24 hours a day. They represent important times of my life, and I find them to be such a personal reflection of who I am, I can't wait to get even more!

3. I am a "famous" artist

As a teen and young adult, I had the honour of twice having my artwork to be selected to be displayed at The Mackenzie Art Gallery as a part of their young and emerging artist exhibits. Such a surreal experience!

When I was 13, I illustrated the front cover of a book chronicling the history of the village of Richardson, a local  rural community.

4. I have a condition called Bilateral Mandibular Tori

It's an overgrowth of bone along the jawline toward the base of the tongue, common in about 20% of the population. It doesn't have any effect on my speech or health, but it sure shocks dental hygenists!

5. I have two siblings

I am the middle child of three. I have an older brother and a younger sister.

6. I can't swim

Mr. Mel is a speed swimmer, and his entire family loves the water. I have always had a fear of water and, even though I participated in swim classes when I was younger, I can't even float! Mr. Mel has been trying to convince me to take a swim class for adults...we'll see. The whole idea makes my stomach churn.

7. I have no kids, and don't plan to have any

Mr. Mel and I made the decision a long time ago not have any children. We love kids, and are a big part of the lives of our nephews and niece, and friend's kids...we just prefer to live child free. We get tons of joy from the little ones we have in our lives, but parenthood just isn't for us. Thankfully, we haven't regretted our decision at all!

Here are 10 bloggers I so enjoy, that I think they deserve this award, too!


Have a great day!


3 comments:

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

It is well deserved Mel, and thanks for the kind words!!! Love seeing the projects you have underway, keep them coming. xo

Cindy said...

Congrats on your award. I enjoyed reading about you! Thanks for passing it on to me!

Haven and Home said...

Congratulations!!!!