Monday, March 1, 2010

In the Immortal Words of the Beastie Boys...

IT'S A SABOTAGE! That's right. Mr. Mel, who claims to want me to decorate the house on a strict budget, has been casually suggesting that I start buying my furniture items from a *gulp* furniture store! For full retail price, no less!

You know what? A year ago I would have jumped at that idea. Now? Not so much. I am so enjoying the DIY-ness of it all, the dickering for used items, inspiration I am finding online, and satisfaction from doing things that are a bit out of my comfort zone that I told Mr. Mel..."NO WAY, JOSE!".

I may regret making Mr. Mel put away his credit card. For now, though, I am enjoying creating a space uniquely "us". That is not to say that I may not have the hubs buy me a new pair of shoes, instead of a kitchen table.....

2 comments:

Gilsner said...

You're having a shoe as a dining room table?!? I'm so confused. Love the shoe, though! Does it come in a wide width? Sigh....

Love your couch, btw. Sofa king lovely! ;)

The White City Project said...

This shoe costs more than 3 dining room tables! lol ::sigh:: Valentino ::sigh::