Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Cinderella Story

By now you must know that I love me some glitter and shimmer! For *some* reason, Mr. Mel doesn't share my enthousiasm for all things twinkly. :::insert eye rolling here:::

I have decided that the way to get my shimmer fix, without offending Mr. Mel, is to do it in small doses...like on lamps!

I picked up these brass nightmares for a steal at a Value Village. I loved the shape of them and knew I could salvage them. What struck me as I first started debating what to do with them was that I could hear my mom's voice in my head saying, "What's wrong with them the way they are?!" Ha ha. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Here they are before I played Fairy Godmother:


On these eyesores I used a coat of primer, a coat of Rust-Oleum Metallic in Bronze, followed by a top coat of Valspar Pearl.


Here they are after...all ready for their Prince!


Here is the breakdown of costs for this project:
$12 for lamps
$20 for spray paint
$20 for lampshades
Total Cost = $ 52

2 comments:

Gilsner said...

Oh wow, those look fantastic, Mel! Those lampshades are perfect! I can't believe they were only $20! ;)

MandeeFoFandee said...

dude, those look amazing! the color of those posts are just perfection! oh, and just to let you know, I gave you the Happy 101 Award on my latest post - thanks for writing blogs that make me happy! :D