Monday, November 23, 2009

Woo! It's good to have friends in high places!

...And by high places, I mean up north.

I have had no luck tracking down the Pier 1 'Stockton' curtain panels I wrote about in my previous post. I have been making so many trips to the local Pier 1 store to peruse their selection that I am sure the staff believe that I suffer from some sort of mental disorder.

Anyhoodles, after venting to Mr. Mel today about my frustration at the lack of window treatments...and lack of cash available to me to indulge in some fancy shmancy silk drapes, he did the only thing he could do: he got on the phone to a store three hours north and had them put six panels on hold, and then called his friend who lives there to ask if he would go and pick them up for us!

I can't wait to hang them in my living room.  I will finally be able to get some darn privacy from the constant looky-loos!

No comments: