Monday, October 19, 2009

It figures

I have always swooned over silk drapes. All you have to say is "Dupioni" and my heart skips. There's something so luxurious and dramatic about them. They remind me of ballgowns, and what better than to have ballgowns hanging in a room?! ha ha! I have always longed for floor length, buffalo check, dupioni silk drapes. Always.

Sadly, at $300/panel, my budget doesn't allow for such extravagance. Because our main floor is, essentially, one big open space, I wanted to do the same window treatment on each window and door - which meant that need a total of 8 panels. After many many days of searching, I finally found what I was looking for at Pier1 Imports for the bargain price of $31/panel:
Just my luck, they are sold out! They don't anticipate getting them restocked for another two months. Bummer. Damn this teeny weeny budget of mine!

No comments: