Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Delish - Strawberry Salsa

Mr. Mel and I like to eat well. Too well sometimes. I suppose that might explain the 20-some pounds we've both packed on since we got married eight years ago. I like to think of it as love pudge...ok, yuck.

Anyhoooooo.....a few years ago, in an attempt to be more organized, I started to plan our dinners. First, I planned a week at a time, then a few weeks, now I plan a whole month's dinners at one go! It's been great for Mr. Mel and I. I get to indugle my obssessive need for organization, we try tons of new recipes, and it's helped Mr. Mel learn to cook! Squeeeee!

Some of the recipes we try are just too good not to share. I'll be posting some of our favs, and any that we've really enjoyed, with the recipe and photos! C'mon, who doesn't love pictures of food?!
 
A co-worker shared this recipe with me and I am so glad she did! It's the perfect treat for summer and a refreshing twist on a traditional salsa. I made this batch for a co-workers birthday, but I had to sneek a cup for Mr. Mel and I to do some quality control testing first!


Strawberry Salsa

3 cups diced strawberries
1 cup diced yellow pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
3 finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
a dash (or two) of Tobasco

Toss all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips/scoops.


No comments: