This week's feature is all about my bizarre obsession with the *idea* of Ikea. I don't have an Ikea in the city I call home so visiting one takes the better part of a day of driving. I have been itching to get in the store and load up on goodies, so it was the first retail location we hit today. In addition to a pot scrubber and a scented candle. this is what I bought:
A set of copper door pulls (who knows, I *may* find a use for them)
Napkins. We can always use napkins, right?
A lazy suzan.
I have come to the conclusion that Ikea is over-rated...at least in my own mind. I love browsing their online catalogue, making wish lists, and thinking about all the things I would buy if only I had one nearby. While I think that many of the items there can be incorporated into your decor, the majority are best left to those needing to furnish dorm rooms, cottages and first apartments.
Sorry folks, Ikea just ain't what it's cracked up to be. I am bummed.
Thanks for checking in!


2 comments:
I love the napkins, great price, fun colors, and did I mention the price? Let me know if you want me to send some your way next time we make an Ikea visit!
oh i obsess over ikea. i don't think the friends i've taken have been as impressed, but it's like heaven for me.. and it being 4 hours away makes it that more awesome for me when i get to go lol
Post a Comment