Friday, April 30, 2010

Ceiling Medallion Wall Art

I finally got around to ordering the ceiling medallions inspired by this photo.


I had to attach picture frame hooks to the back of them in order to hang them. These hooks come with small nails to attach them. Easy peasy!



I wanted to experiment with the layout so I laid the medallions out on wrapping paper, traced around the edge, and cut them out. Then I played around a bit with placement on the wall.

Once I had the layout decided, I went ahead and hung them.



Hmmm, I don't like the white up against the light green wall. It needs some oomph. I gave them a coat of Rustoleum in Light Grey and rehung them.


Much better!

Cost breakdown for this project:
$133 for ceiling medallions (man, did I ever get screwed on shipping!)
$0 for hooks
$6 for spray paint
Total cost = $139 (more than I wanted to spend but much cheaper than a piece of art large enough for the space)

1 comment:

MandeeFoFandee said...

they look wonderful! they really add so much to that wall!