Sunday, December 29, 2013

Another Christmas Tree!

Last year Mr. Mel and I went away for the holidays and decided not to set up any Christmas décor. This year has been a lot of fun and a lot less pressure than I usually feel. Maybe doing this every other year is the best way to keep it fun for me.

The second tree this year is in the bonus room upstairs. We spend alot of time up here so I like to have decorations going on around the holidays.

This year's tree is my good buddy the 7' (unlit) tree I've had for many years now. The cost of this tree was a significant investment at the time and the quality shows many years later. Nothing against discount or big box store brands, but this tree is truly beautiful and so well made. Well worth the money...even if I do have to string lights on it.

Again, the storm before the calm wink wink.


Lots of colour going on with this tree...which makes me smile. I went with shades of gold, turquoise, red, green and purple. A few touches of whimsy in the form of a purple owl and a tutu wearing hippo, and it's complete!


I honestly don't think I could fit one more ornament on this tree...it's stuffed full. While it may not apply the rest of the year, at Christmas time MORE is definitely better!



No comments: