Friday, September 20, 2013

When You Just Can't...

Trying to maintain my blog over the past few years has been a real challenge for me. It's gotten harder as my mom, who was battling diabetes, heart disease and kidney failure, relied more and more on me to take on the responsibility for her personal and financial affairs.

It's been a very long road for our family as mom fought these diseases...they are brutal and show no mercy.

Between the day to day of life, and the responsibilities I took on for my mom...there was just nothing left for this blog. I'd try...but just couldn't.

Mom's brave fight for life ended on September 5th, and it's left me reeling. But, it's also released the enormous pressure I put on myself to focus on her needs, instead of my own.

I miss my mom terribly. Those who have been through it can understand that there are no words to describe the emotions involved when a parent dies. But I know that she'd hate for me to dwell on that sadness.

So, I've decided to dedicate this humble little blog to my mom. She always got a kick out of all the crazy projects I had on the go. She was hugely supportive of this blog, and I want to ensure that she stays proud of me for not giving it up.


Thanks for sticking with me!

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh God Bless, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs, Marty

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother!!! Please know you and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Sarah said...

Big hugs Mel xo