Here we go.................
It's kind of hard to tell, but as well as some silver and red geo mesh at the top of the tree, there is also a white feather star.
I am so happy with this tree! It's really festive and not typically what I would use as colours. Gotta love those trips out of your comfort zone!
I tackled the banister next. I use artificial green garland and build it up with lights, ribbon, mesh and ornaments. Most of my garland is el cheapo and can look a bit skinny. Adding to it beefs it up and makes an inexpensive garland a little more luxe! This took me a total of 45 minutes...I think that's a record! I had a great time creating those wreaths, I even had a few extra to give away. I also indulged Mr. Mel's love for multicolour lights (gasp) and I have to admit that I love them!
I was well on my way to getting the house done, and then it happenned...BAM! An old back injury came back to haunt me and I was out of commission...just like that. I was so frustrated. So, with limited mobility for the past few weeks, I only managed to dump glass balls into every container I could get my hands on and put out a few other random decorations. Certainly not what I had planned, but it'll have to do for this year, health comes first!
This Santa stands about three feet tall and he's one of my favourites. I received him as a gift from my mother-in-law when Mr. Mel and I were just dating, and I also love that my kitty, Butterball, has licked the coating right off one of those fake berries! It makes me smile every year when I see it.
I also couldn;t resist putting up my little Disney Princess tabletop tree. It's impossible to have a bad day when Cinderella is smiling at you each morning. Over the years I've picked up some mini cupcake ornaments and Martha Stewart floral glass balls that are super cute.
Peace out, and have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!
1 comment:
Love the tree! Beautiful, and dramatic.
Post a Comment