This year, I am hoping to knock it all out in one weekend. As a rule I decorate the first weekend of December, and it all comes down the first weekend on January. I'll admit, it almost seems crazy to do all that work only to leave it up for a month, but the obsessive-compulsive gal in me just can't do it any other way!
Each year, Mr. Mel cringes and complains as I come home with hundreds of new ornaments, ribbons and garlands. I am the first to confess that I can go overboard on the colour themes for the trees. This year, I decided to try and just use what I already had (but let's be real here peeps, I couldn't resist the urge to pick up just a few new ornaments. Shhhhh, don't tell Mr. Mel, no one likes a tattle!)
My main floor tree is a slim 7 footer that I've had for about 8 years. I like that it's compact and densely packed, so it'll take fewer ornaments to make a big impact, but it's not pre-lit and I loath stringing lights. The colour theme I chose for this tree was turquoise, copper and brown.
500 lights, 5 hours, and 310 ornaments later and this is my completed main floor tree! Are you ready for photo overload?!
Whew! Tomorrow we'll take a little house tour and visit the upstairs tree! Thanks for visiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment