Exhibit A: Our garage stairs.
Given that our garage is laid out like this (note: this is not to scale, just to give you a general idea)...
...and given that our contractor understood that one of the vehicles we drive is a big-ass truck, I am at a loss as to why they would have put the stairs encroaching on the one parking spot that would have accommodated our truck. Ugh...men.
As a result, we have had to resort to parking the truck at an angle that takes up the ENTIRE double side of our three car garage. Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd, because we have three vehicles (ridiculous, I know, I know), it means that one has to be parked on the driveway. That sucks rocks when you live in a climate that gets to
-40 in the winter (uh, yeh, that's a bone chilling 40 degrees below freezing) and an average annual snowfall of 60". Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............
After living with the garage this way for almost two years, I finally got on this project. I thought I should wait until the outside temperature was eight-hundred million degrees and the humidex was hovering around 99% and I had no one to lend a hand; cause that's usually the best time to do this sort of thing (please note the intense sarcasm). It took some muscle, and my potty mouth got the best of me at times, but I managed to reconfigure the stairs to face the opposite direction. It's a huge improvement!
Logic...gotta love it!
I've got another garage project on the go as we speak, I hope to update soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment