Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Somethin' Somethin'

I've been a bad blogger. I know, I know. But I'm back now and have a lot of projects on the go so I am hoping to get back to updating the ol' blog much more regularly. I'm gonna start by getting back to my Saturday features. These are an opportunity to do a little daydreaming and have some fun without ever having to commit! Ha ha. So, bing, bang, boom...here we go!

Today's feature had me smiling from ear to ear. I love anything that takes me back to the simplicity of childhood. How many of us remember playing with Lego when we were kids? Me! Me! Me! I played with them all of the time. I usually built luxury houses for my Barbies, and my brother would come along and smash them with his G.I Joes! Ah, the memories.

These days, creative thinkers (who are just big kids at heart) are coming up with some super fun ways of incorporating Lego into all sorts of design.

First up is such a simple idea. A ho-hum torch light gets topped with a Lego shade. Easy peasy and super cute!


Next up? GIANT Lego blocks as transitional furniture pieces. I don't want to sit on these (they'd be so uncomfortable) but I do like looking at them.


Check out this kitchen island by Munchhausen Design. I see me and my nephews, in our jammies, having bowls of Cheerios at this island! How could you ever have a bad day when you have your morning coffee sitting here?! Tell me! How?! It's so perfect for a lighthearted family and grown ups with a sense of humour! There are...wait for it...20,000 pieces of Lego in this island!


Bored during the monthly staff meeting? I doubt you'd nod off sitting at this board table!


Run out of stacked stone? Retaining wall chipped? Plaster missing? No worries, just grab the bucket of Lego and get to work! 


And finally, while not actually made of Lego, Staffan Holm (the designer of this Rococo desk) says, "We created the desk bound by the structural laws of LEGO-building bricks...". What a great twist on an old classic!



Have a fantabulous Saturday!


3 comments:

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Missed you Mel! I am going to do up our craft table at our cottage like the lego island in your post, I think the boys will dig it! Hope you are well!!!

Gilsner said...

I hope the LEGOs on that first lamp were melted on purpose. Otherwise that screams 'fire hazard'. lol Love the wall patches! I may have to try that in my kitchen (damn plaster).

Oh LEGOs... they're near and dear to my heart! I, too, built homes (not sure they were luxurious). Of course I always used graph paper to make blue prints first, but whatever. It's not like I was still playing with them when I was 18. *whistles and walks away*

The White City Project said...

I missed you too, Mel :) You are the coolest mom ever! Can't wait to see your finished product!