Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Somethin' Somethin'

Sorry folks, for some reason this didn't post as scheduled yesterday...

Hi all! Here's a quick post before we head out to the lake to enjoy the gorgeous weather!

Today's feature is paying homage to the mailbox! Yeh, the mailbox. I think most people overlook their mailboxes. I know that was certainly true in my previous homes. This time, though, I vow to be different. I vow to make my mailbox a priority!

I have an aversion to attaching anything to the outside of my house. I don't know what it is, I just don't like doing it. So, I figure I'll go the curbside mailbox route. Plus, the idea of strangers coming right up onto my doorstep to put stuff in it also skeeves me out (yeh, another one of my quirks).

The thing is, I am not even sure that we *need* a mailbox. We don't have home delivery for our mail (it's delivered to the post office and we have to pick it up) and I don't even get flyers so basically it's gonna be "for show" kinda thing.

Here are a few that I like:
This one I think is super cute, buuuuuut, it's wall mounted so it won't work for us. I still love it, though.

Rejuvination

This one simply made me smile. I LOVE pink and the shape is awesome...but Mr. Mel would NOT go for it. No way, no how!


Adriean Koleric

I think this is likely the style I will end up with. It's traditonal (which I like) and I think I will make the post myself, saving some cash, and I can then paint the post whatever colour I like. Yep, I think this one's a keeper!


Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, they are all wonderful, but I do really like the one with the post and I can't wait to see yours all done. Hugs, Marty