Friday, January 1, 2010

Coming up short

I should have known this was going to happen. After sewing every curtain and cushion in my previous home, I swore up and down that I wouldn't do a single sewing project at the new house. I spoke too soon. A curtain mis-calc on my part, has resulted in drapes 10" too short for my windows! Duh!

I needed to make this fix as basic as possible. I made a quick trip to the fabric store and found a great co-ordinating fabric and simply sewed it to the bottom of each curtain panel. Mr. Mel requested that they puddle at the bottom (a look I am not particularily fond of). He asks for so little, how could I refuse his request?

Here they are before:




Ta da...Mr.Mel is so thrilled to have these up. He thinks our house now looks "warm". That's a good thing, right?




Here is the breakdown of costs for this project:
$280 for 8 curtains panels
$32 for fabric
$2 for thread
Total Cost = $314

No comments: