Saturday, May 30, 2009

Look ma, garage doors!

Ahhh, after a 3 week delay and a few adjustments, my carriage style garage doors are finally in. Hmmm, unfortunately they are *not* the colour I ordered (they came a shade or two too dark), but Dallas likes them so we're not gonna make a fuss.

I love the look of these doors! I saw them on a house nearby to where we're building and I just knew I had to have them! It's always a surprise to me why so many people get the same old, same old garage doors - there are soooo many to choose from!

The rear garage door is the same design as the front 2, but without hardware. I was a bit surprised to see that both the front and rear doors on the 3rd garage bay are on one continuous track...where to find a garage door opener that can open both ways? On the hunt I go!

The possession date for the house has become a bit of a joke to us...although not a very funny one. Due to the shortage in the trades, and some errors on our contract's part, our possession date has been pushed back yet again, this time to June 15th.

2 comments:

Gilsner said...

Oooo... me likey! Can't believe your luck with things coming in the wrong colour! I do like the door colours, though, so I'm glad you're keeping them.

Why is it up to you to find a 2-way opener? Isn't that something the builder should be able to find for you? Otherwise he should've mentioned it when you said 'by the way, we want a door on the front and back of the garage'. My offer still stands if you want me to beat him up. I could, too...

The White City Project said...

Most builders don't include a garage opener at all...we're "lucky" we got one for the double door. Stuff happens, I'm just glad they match, and weren't blue or something! lol