I wanted something a little outside of the box (sorta like me). Colour-wise I wanted to bring in some of the warmth that my oak cabinets have on the other side of the main floor. I wanted one large piece, rather than several smaller pieces. And let's be real, people, I didn't want it to break the bank.
I looked online for oversized posters and artwork. I ordered the 42" x 54" giclee print from All Posters. I thought it was a pretty good deal at $131 with shipping.
When it arrived, I built a canvas to match it's size (I used to build and stretch my own canvas all the time when I was a student, it felt so good to be at it again). I Mod Podged the poster onto the canvas (I only recently stopped calling it modge podge...doh) and I liked that the process created a few ripples in the print, it made it look a little aged and gave it character - a happy accident! I painted the sides of the canvas to match the background of the poster so it's all blendy and stuff.
It's a nice contrast to our more formal living room, and makes the room feel really welcoming.


No comments:
Post a Comment