Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Main Floor Custom Cabinet

One of the few regrettable decisions I made during the construction of our house was removing a 3-sided fireplace between the living room and dining area of the main floor. The intent was to open up the space but it backfired...now it's too open! The result has come to be known as "No Man's Land".


Right now, No Man's Land is home to a curio cabinet I got from a friend, that's become a catch all for random accessories and books. Needless to say, something has to be done!

I stumbled on a local craftsman who does amazing custom woodwork, and challenged him to come up with a solution to my problem.
His cabinet design is approx. 3' x 5' x 4'. Big enough to fill up this empty space and provide us with storage, but not so big that it overwhelms the house.




I love it and can't wait to see it finished!


1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great design, it is going to be wonderful. Hugs, Marty