Today I was able to walk up my new front steps and through the front door of the house! This may seem insignificant, but up until this week, in order to gain access to the house you either had to make your way up a 10 foot long makeshift ramp to the front door, or take your chances stepping up onto an improvised stepping stool-type creation to gain access through the garage entry.
I was so pleased to see the step done! It’s done in exposed aggregate, the same finish that the driveway and walkway will be done in (eventually).
I was so pleased to see the step done! It’s done in exposed aggregate, the same finish that the driveway and walkway will be done in (eventually).

Now that the snow has melted and it's no longer a muddy mess out there, I managed to get a shot of the side/back of the house.
They have been busy inside, mounting the furnace and air-to-air exchanger, and completing the ductwork. It all looks so complicated...it's a good thing they have this very professional mechanical drawing (wink wink):


They’ve also completed the framing for the enclosed “warm zone” in the garage ceiling – this warm zone has been designed to enclose and insulate the ductwork and lines running to and from the bonus room (which is directly above the garage) to keep the bonus room from losing heat/cold through the floor. It’ll be nice and cozy up there!
2 comments:
Lookin' good! So glad to see the steps (what are the chances?!? They must've heard us talking about getting in/out Saturday night)... does that mean your mom was able to have a walk-through?
My mom wasn't able to come this weekend...but I let her know right away that they were there for her! lol
Post a Comment