Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?

After a weekend out of town, I headed out to the house to see how things looked since the windows had been installed. Hmmm, going out there and becoming frustrated at the appearance of things is becoming an all too common occurrence. As we approached, the words came swift and sharp, "Why can I see sunlight through the roof?!".


As we got closer, I realized that the windows were indeed installed, the majority of them anyway, but for some bizarre reason the roof wasn't totally sheeted! Call me crazy but isn't that supposed to happen *before* putting in windows and doors? Not to mention the fact that they had installed some fugly white steel front door that was certainly not what I had ordered.


Seeing the windows in made me truly regret accepting the windows the company had shipped...all of them for the front of the house with mullions instead of clear glass. It's just not my style, not my taste, and I should have insisted they go back, but I didn't and now I'm stuck with them.


I am grateful for the manufacturer's error on my patio doors, though. Originally they were to be sliding glass doors, but when they arrived they were two garden doors...which I looooooooooove! So glad for that mistake!


I'm meeting with the electrician tomorrow to set up our interior and exterior lighting plan, wish me luck!

No comments: