Monday, November 3, 2008
Walls!
For the most part, I am a practical and pragmatic kinda girl. Though exciting, I have tended to approach this whole construction project with the attitude that it is an investment, a business endeavor of sorts. That all changed this weekend when I drove out to check on progress and got my first taste of emotional involvement. For the first time, I saw a glimpse of what this home would look like once completed and I was overwhelmed. There stood the first floor of my house, not fully complete, not closed in, no windows even…but it was my house. Then it dawned on me…HOLY CRAP I’M BUILDING A HOUSE! It was so much fun to walk around and visualize where things would be, what it would look like. The garage hasn’t yet been added, the footings are poured but no walls built yet. Even still, it looks great! Here are some pics of what’s standing!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment